What is Business Development Executive Job Description?
A business development executive is responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of the business. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. The executive is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organisations products/services.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunitybased sales quotas. The Business Development Executive will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
Job roles and responsibilities
The role of a Business Development Executive is to assist the organisations sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. He/she should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated about marketplace and competitor activity. The primary role and responsibilities of a Business Development Executive include:
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities
- Keep prospective client database updated
- Make cold calls for new business leads
- Support in writing new business proposals
- Maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company
- Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for acquisition of customers, submission of tenders etc.
#Competencies and Skills Required
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Must be able to create good presentations
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and an active listener
- Ability to work under pressure
Business Development Executive qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you expect from a successful candidate. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
● Coldcall prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
● Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
● Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
● Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
● Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales
● Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members
● Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
● Ensure followup by passing leads to appropriate team members with callstoaction, dates,
complete profile information, sources, etc.
● Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales
● Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
● Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
● Make outbound followup calls to existing clients via telephone and email crosssell and
● Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
● Overcome objections of prospective customers.
● Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and
prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
● Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
● Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
● Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
● University or college degree in Communications, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of
education and experience.
● Two to three years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity.
● Demonstrated ability to convert prospects, close deals, and achieve sales quotas
● Solid experience in opportunity qualification, precall planning, call control, account
development, and time management.
● Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
● Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
● Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
● Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
● Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
● Excellent listening skills.
● Strong written communication skills.
● Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
● Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
● Ability to travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
● High level of integrity and work ethic.
● Experience with customer relationship management software.
● Some travel may be required
● Ability to attend and conduct presentations
● Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
● Overtime as required.
Read More Information Click Here